Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day 2 on the Whole 30 with 2 boys

So here I am attempting to do a Whole 30 challenge while being a single parent to a rambunctious 3 year old and a 2 month old who loves to be held.  Fortunately for me, I was able to drop off our oldest at the daycare while I spent the day preparing some meals to get me through the weekend and some grab and go breakfast items.  Not so cool was the fact that our 2 month old (who just got his next series of immunizations yesterday) pretty much slept most of the day away- I mean, good cause I got stuff cooked up but bad oh so bad because I would love to sleep tonight and get more than 4 hours of sleep! It was so tempting to cheat a little and snack on our son's Christmas candy that is leftover - strange how tight a hold sugar has on you! Really the hardest part is not taking a sip of his chocolate milk when I make it for him or making a glass for me at the same time! I am hoping that cleaning up our eating habits will make for a better attitude in our 3yo as he has been quite mouthy and cantankerous these last couple of weeks- TO be fair, having a new baby in the house and then having Daddy take a job away from the family for an extended period of time can cause some turmoil but the growling and talking back are driving me bananas! Well, more batch cooking on the schedule tomorrow after a good workout at the gym- anticipating this weekend will be truly difficult as that is when I tend to drink more Mtn Dew and withdrawals i am sure will be setting in.  Wish me luck- I and our boys will need it, lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment